Longing to add more pizazz to your routine, express yourself, and feel more inspired by life?
With this online Write in the Beat series, we’ll explore various aspects of creativity and play. I’ll provide inspiration (a poem, phrase, image, sound, or movement) to clear our creative pathways. Then, we’ll see what written prose, poetry, or visual art flows from there. You have the option to share with the group, or not, but guaranteed, your deep well of originality will be ignited.
Drop in online to individual classes, or take the 8-week series!
Perfect for beginners, published authors, part-time doodlers, and anyone ready to stretch the imagination in their little toes.
Mondays, July 12 through August 30, 2021
11 am to 12:30 pm Pacific
$35 per class (drop in) or $200 for 8-week series
Pre-registration is required.
Class size is limited.
After you complete your payment via PayPal, you’ll be directed to a Zoom registration page. Please fill in your name and email address; then you’ll receive an email from Zoom with the link to the class. If that link doesn’t show up, contact Margaret@MargaretWagner.com.
Price per class: $35 for drop ins; $200 for the 8-week series.
(A limited number of partial scholarship options are available – no one will be turned away for lack of funds. For details, contact Margaret@MargaretWagner.com.)
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds for the $35 drop-in classes. For the 8-week series, you’ll receive a refund, minus a $25 administrative fee, if you cancel prior to midnight, Saturday, July 10, 2021. There are no refunds if you purchase the 8-week series and skip or can’t make a class.
- You’ll need a computer and a good Internet connection.
- If you absolutely need to use a phone or iPad, you can, but you won’t be able to use some of the functions we use in class on those smaller devices, so a computer is highly recommended.
- Well before class, download the Zoom app here. It’s fast and free. Please be sure you have the latest version of Zoom.
- If you are new to Zoom, please watch this introductory video.
- Sign in 5-10 min early, especially if you’ve never used Zoom before. There’ll be music on for stretching before we start.
- If you can, connect your computer/phone to an external speaker for better sound.
- Make some space to dance or move. It’s preferable to have a room to yourself. If you are in a shared space, please use earphones to keep participant sharing confidential.
- Minimize distractions (i.e., email, phone, pets, children, etc.) so that you can be as present as possible.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move in.
- Bring paper, pens or drawing instruments, and have a bottle of water nearby.
Requests that will help us hold a safe container for everyone:
- Please have your video on during the class.
- If you can’t for some reason and really want to attend, please contact me ahead of time to make that arrangement.
- If someone is in the meeting with no video and has not communicated either beforehand or in the chat box, they will be removed from class to keep the container safe for everyone.
- Please put your name on the Zoom screen. We want to know who you are.
- Please come with the willingness to fully participate in each exercise, whether it’s moving, writing, or drawing.
- To maintain confidentiality, there is no recording or picture-taking during any of the sessions. If you are in a shared space, please use headphones so what participants share is kept confidential.